Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog Rules

That is the great thing about blogging, there are no rules. It is your private domain that you choose to publish whatever you want, whenever you want. I've seen numerous posts about rules to blogging, the do's the don'ts, etct. Fact is, I have poor punctuation skills, and I use  "their" when I should have used "there". Don't like it? Does it get under you skin? I have a simple solution, you choose if you want to read this blog or not, so if you scroll around, and find something you don't like, don't read it. I click around blogs, and when I see something that upsets me, I just stop viewing the blog. I don't make hate comments, or rude emails, or twitter bashing. Doing so is just a form or bullying and bashing, and though it is not a direct face to face comment, it is still hurtful. Sincere bloggers put a lot of heart and soul into their blogging, and with the unique opportunity of free domain publishing, you the reader make the choice to read. So I titled this post "Blog Rules", and I really have only 1 rule, for the writers and for the readers.

For the writers:

  • Write anything and everything that is you! Don't hold back, and don't worry about mistakes! Be exactly who you are, and embrace every bit of it! 
For the readers:
  • Remember that someone chose to be completely transparent with what they publish. If you are really worked up about something that they published, just remove the feed from your reader. No harm in avoiding something that doesn't speak to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment