Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Salad for Breakfast

I know, I know... How incredibly weird does that sound? Well I seen a post over at Simply Taralynn about having a salad for breakfast, so I decided to roll with it.  I had just picked up some fresh blueberries on the cheap, and the most gorgeous red grapefruits. Here is my take on a salad for breakfast!

Ingredients:

  1. 2 Handful of chopped romaine 
  2. 1 Handful of baby kale
  3. 1/2 of a grapefruit, cut into segments and peeled 
  4. 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries 
  5. 1 heaping TBS of chopped red onion
  6. Drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
  7. Any juice left over from the grapefruit, toss that on too
This tasted AMAZING! If I hadn't been on a challenge when I prepared this I would have served it up with some hot homemade bacon bits, chopped boiled egg, or a couple spoonfuls of quinoa.

Ps. Happy July! A post of monthly goals coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment