Friday, December 16, 2011

Snowball Glitz



Get it? Snowball Glitz, ballroom blitz? Ok so that may not have been as funny as I was hoping, but at least you have some 70s rock to listen to while you read, though Christmas music may be more appealing while reading about my glitz snowballs. 

Supplies Needed:
     Flat matt wall paint
     decorative cheap balls 
     paint brush
     plates, paper towels, newspaper
     protective gloves
     epson salt
     fine grain iridescent glitter 

First I attempted to hand paint each decorative ball, but realized I don't have enough patience, but the paint brush came in handy later. I decided to dip each ball into the paint (wearing gloves), and then using the paint brush I worked through the paint while it dripped off back into the paint can. 



After almost all the paint dripped off, I sprinkled the salt and glitter mixture abundantly, then placed on a paper plate. Keep the paper towels handy because the salt works some chemical magic and the water will separates itself from the paint compounds. Kind of messy so bloat the water so it doesn't soak through the plates, or mess up the snowballs. 






After they dried overnight, I assembled them in a goodwill serving bowl, with fun silver ornaments, old painted pinecones from a few years ago, and placed in the living room mantel. Also known as living room storage. 






































No comments:

Post a Comment