Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cooking on the Ave


Bacon can kind of be a big pain to cook. It's all popping and messy, and I have to scrub the kitchen down instantly after I make it. Not to mention the several grease burns you are guaranteed to get. Here is a little trick I learned, maybe from pinterest? I'm not sure. Anyways here is the run down, take a cookie sheet and lay down a piece of aluminum foil. Place the raw defrosted bacon down evenly spaced apart. Then you put it in a cold oven at 400 degrees for 15-18 mins depending on the cut of the bacon. These are thick center cut pieces so 18 mins fits our fancy (we like it evenly crispy). As soon as it is done take the bacon off the cookie sheet because it will continue to cook. I place mine on paper towels to blot the grease off. We dug into breakfast pretty quick, so I forgot to show off an after photo. I'll allow pinterest to do the talking.

**photo credit: pinterest**

Have any fun cooking tricks? Please share them with me. I need all the help I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment