Saturday, September 1, 2012

Girls Weekend: -20lbs Tattoo Celebration

Jamie, Jina and I are really close friends, the surprising fact is that we are all family. Jina is my mother in law, and I married her son Eric. Jamie is my sister in law and she married Jina's son Brian. A few months ago, when Eric took a new job, it would mean he would be away for a few months. During that time Jina came up with the idea that the 3 of us would have a little Girls weekend at my apartment. Pretty cool the 3 of us get along as well as we do to, because we had a blast. The weekend was full of cooking, tanning, crafting, and matching tattoos. Took us some time to figure out what we wanted, and after much planning and meetings with the tattoo artist we finally picked something. Jina made the final product with all her photoshop skills. The tattoo is 3 hearts, each representing our favorite colors, with wispy details around them. I personally did my tattoo black and grey with white hi-lights. I'm not one for color tattoos myself. I did keep the original artwork to be framed in my new apartment gallery wall. We had so much fun celebrating our first girls weekend, that we are planning one every year now! The plan is to save all coins, and dollar bills for the next year. 

Original artwork 

 Here we are at the tattoo shop before the tattoos started. It was an all day affair, but a lot of fun!

Here I am in the tattoo chair with my stencil in place. This is my "I'm so excited but I know this is going to hurt smile. Then my sis Jamie photo bombing. I love her!

Before I looked in the mirror I had Jamie take a quick snapshot. Still screaming red! 

Finished product that night after I took the bandage off and adding some healing ointment. 

Showing off my new ink the next day.

So even though the tattoo was a family affair, it was also to mark a milestone of losing a total of 20lbs. I also got my -30lbs tattoo before I technically lost the 30lbs. I will talk about that when I loose that total amount. 




No comments:

Post a Comment